As you can see (unless you’re here using a screenreader or RSS feed), I’ve finally gotten a few minutes to play around with putting a new design on my blog. I grabbed a design from the
I’ve been in Charlotte, NC this week for my “day” job and have been working on a side project from the hotel that involves converting a large amount of data from a, let’s just say, “non-standard” database program to MySQL. One of the tables stores information about 14,000+ legal documents that we have in PDF format on the filesystem.
I’ve spent several hours this past weekend working on a project for a client that uses a MySQL database backend. It involves converting thousands of records from XML files exported from the legacy data system. One of the things that’s been bugging me is the process that I have to go to every time I make changes to the the database or import more data into my local development copy in order to get those changes/data up to the staging server.